Welcome to Battle of the Buffet - 2019
United Way of Chennai and Chennai Mission present the 11th edition of Battle of Buffet (BoB) - an event that not only triggers your “social appetite” but also captures your imagination and tugs at your heart strings! This event organized as part of India’s largest festival of giving – “Daan Utsav”, is one of a kind fundraiser supporting worthy NGOs in Tamil Nadu.
- A gala fun filled evening with great food, fantastic music,entertainment and the coming together of like-minded people – all for a social cause!
- Chefs of leading hotels and their teams will cook up a storm (literally) to put together a delightful buffet (Indian and international cuisine) showcasing their culinary talent and throw it open to the people of Chennai, to raise funds for close to 75+ NGOs across Tamil Nadu. The restaurants, the chefs and their teams cook up and serve a feast as their “act of giving”.
- The registered NGOs in turn will be present in person sharing and show casing their expertise and projects, thus providing a great platform for public interaction on social causes and action underway!
- It is zero cost fundraising for the NGOs where the cost of the event is underwritten completely by the organisers and the funds raised from the event is invested in the most socially-impactful projects undertaken by these NGOs
- Funds raised could help educate a child, provide shelter to the elderly, subsidize medical costs for a poor patient, rehabilitate a mentally ill homeless woman and reach out to several more such underprivileged people.
- Since its inception in 2009 this mega fundraising event has raised close to Rs. 27 crores, benefiting hundreds of NGOs. 2018 edition of BoB raised over 5 crores and supported nearly 32 projects to the tune of 2 crores.
- In short the event facilitates collective positive change for the greater good - an evening that provides food for the mind, body, soul and spirit!
SO, LET’S SEE WHAT’S COOKING IN THE 11TH EDITION OF BATTLE OF THE BUFFET?
Come and be a part of this years grand gala at Sir Mutha Venkata Subba Rao Concert Hall, Lady Andal School, Harrington Road, Chennai
Stand Up Show: Laughter riot by stand-up comedian Alexander Babu.
Musical Night: Bask in the soulful and enchanting music by Singer Srinivas
Dinner: Savor sumptuous dishes from around the world served up by Chennai’s finest five star hotels and restaurants.
To Buy Donor Passes : firstname.lastname@example.org